Setting down the schoolbooks, throwing out the schedule, yielding control, and giving children ownership over their education and lives, can result in some absolutely lovely surprises and heavenly reminders.
Topics discussed during this Episode:
- Introducing podcast topic: What we learned [00:45]
- Rachel’s reflection and a change of plans [00:53]
- A gift of rest by taking a week off school [04:45]
- The Lord’s grace towards us in grief, hard moments, and hard homeschool moments [07:42]
- God wants to be our rest [09:41]
- Rachel’s time off learnings through an opposite approach to routine [10:49]
- Our Kids also need space to rest and exercise their creativity as natural learners [12:31]
- Daisy’s kids reflection while on a hike[17:21]
- Daisy is caught of guard by her kids’ questions [21:19]
- Rest and Reflection go hand in hand [24:08]
- God and rest [24:48]
- Rachel describes her restful mornings [28:04]
- The word of God is to be made a priority [31:41]
- Practical Tip [34:37]
- Matthew 28:28-30 [36:48]
- Breath Prayer [37:32]
- Choose Kind Journal [12:46]
- paint by imagination [16:19]
- Genesis 2:3 [25:04], [36:15]
- New Morning Mercies [30:39] on sale for $10!!
- Age of Opportunity [31:00]
- Matthew 28:28-30 [32:21]
- Breath Prayer Screen Saver
Now back to you:
Join us on the Facebook Group and meet other parents who are on this journey with you.
We also have an Instagram account for more encouragement and connection.
Your Mercies are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.Lamentations 3:23