a haiku on Motherhood and Life
A quick snack for any occasion
A universe of wonder
Your eyes alight
Giselle and I made these quick treats on the Fourth of July.
I love that you can keep most of the ingredients on hand, and the colors can be adjusted for any occasion. Although I have made a version of these before, These were inspired by Brighter Day Press
Here’s a quick but detailed recipe.
1 large packet of of Quick Candy bar (or 2 cups of Candy Melts)
1 cup of of blue candy melts
1/2 cup of red candy melts
1 bag Long pretzel rods (you will get about 24 rods)
White and blue Sprinkle stars
2 microwave safe bowls
1 microwave safe jar or measuring jar
Spoon, fork, mini spatula
- Gather all of your utensil and ingredients to your work area
- Place one piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Place a second piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- melt the white quick candy coating according to instruction
- Dip the pretzel rods in the melted white chocolate place them on the cookie sheet and when full place it in the fridge to help them harden quicker.
- While they harden melt the blue and red candy melts. Or divide up the white chocolate putting about half of cup and add food coloring to get the desired color.
- Take the white dipped rods out of the fridge and dip the tip or as much as halfway in the blue chocolate.
- While the blue is still wet sprinkle with stars
- Dip the rest of the rods in white chocolate and put them in the fridge on the cookie sheet And repeat the blue dipping plus star sprinkling process on the newly hardened pretzels.
- Next line them up side by side in both parchment papers
- Melt the red colored candy melt
- Using a fork drizzle the red chocolate over the white chocolate part of the pretzels
Let them harden and enjoy!
Or place a few in a treat bag and share with your neighbors!
P.s. catch the reel of us making these here.