Some days, homeschooling feels just too hard: tempers flare, children fuss, teaching a 7 year old to read is more difficult than you ever expected–and let’s not even mention algebra and your freshman. It feels as if you never get a moment to yourself. And you haven’t even touched the grading yet. Maybe financial burdens, illness, or marital strife are thwarting your attempts at even getting to the school books, and it’s all you can do to keep kids focused on homework let alone make it feel like an idyllic and cozy family scene. What is going on? And, more importantly, how can you fix it before you throw in the towel altogether?
Topics discussed during this Episode:
- Introducing podcast topic: Spiritual Warfare [01:50]
- Rachel’s first introduction to Spiritual Warfare [03:51]
- Daisy’s background with Spiritual Warfare [04:16]
- How does this apply to Homeschooling [08:39]
- The battle [09:48]
- Homeschooling: more than teaching reading and math [10:32]
- You are not battling your child [11:12]
- Recognizing it is important [13:11]
- How to prepare [14:22]
- Quiet Time [14:27]
- The Dwell App [17:02]
- Pray for the desire to be in the word [25:07]
- Breath Prayer[22:18]
- Be still before the Lord [25:08]
- He saves our tears in a bottle [24:50]
Now back to you:
Join us on the Facebook Group and meet other parents who are on this journey with you.
We also have an Instagram account for more encouragement and connection.
Your Mercies are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.Lamentations 3:23